Have you ever wondered what general dentistry professionals think about how snacking affects your dental health? Snacking in between meals is a great way to refuel your body and keep you going until your next meal.However, many people substitute snacks for meals, which can be bad for your teeth. In general dentistry, there is a…
Visit Your Dentist for a New Smile
Crooked or stained teeth are enough to wipe the smile off your face, but it is easy to get a new smile with the help of your dentist. Fortunately, there are quite a number of things you can do to make your smile prettier, whiter, and brighter. Whether you want better-looking teeth to help you look younger or to improve your social life, your dentist can help you get a smile makeover. The following are some of the factors you and your dentist will consider when choosing the right procedure for your teeth:
Procedures to Improve Your Smile
Are you a candidate for a smile makeover?
The word 'makeover' has been used a lot in pop culture to imply a complete overhaul of your appearance. Therefore, a person who has a single crooked tooth may think that they are not the right candidates for a new smile procedure. Fortunately, the smile makeover can be as minimalistic or as in-depth as you want. As long as you want healthier teeth and a great-looking smile, your dentist can help you achieve it.
Here are a few things a dentist will look at during your smile makeover consultation:
1. Oral health
During your first consultation, your dentist will discuss your oral history and examine your teeth to determine their present condition. This examination is usually very comprehensive, and it helps the dentist determine which treatment option will give you the smile you want. If you have any oral health problems, your dentist may recommend treatment procedures to improve the health of your teeth and your gums.
2. Reasons for seeking treatment
After ensuring your gums and teeth are healthy, your dentist will determine your reasons for seeking a cosmetic dentistry procedure in order to ensure he chooses an option that meets your needs. Remember that no reason is too flimsy for a smile makeover. Some of the main reasons why people visit their dentist's office for smile makeovers include:
Cracked or chipped teeth
The following are some of the procedures that can help you smile again:
1. Porcelain veneers: A veneer is a thin layer of porcelain that sits on your teeth and hides issues like stains and discoloration. Whether your teeth are stained or misaligned, porcelain veneers can make them look brighter and straighter. Furthermore, veneers do not stain like natural teeth, making them very easy to keep clean.
2. Teeth whitening: Believe it or not, your teeth are porous, not solid. After years of drinking coffee and wine, the pores in your teeth collect the stains, resulting in a change in shade and color. Fortunately, teeth whitening can help make your teeth brighter. Though there are a number of store-bought teeth whitening products, it is always better to get the procedure done at your dentist's office. This is because your dentist is more thorough, and the equipment he/she uses is much more effective at brightening your pearly whites.
3. Invisalign: If your teeth are not straight but you do not like the stigma associated with traditional braces, you can get Invisalign. Invisalign is virtually invisible, and it helps straighten your teeth without the use of brackets or wires.
4. Dental implants: If you have lost one or more teeth, dental implants can provide a natural-looking replacement. This procedure is permanent and can help restore your bite while allowing you to literally smile from ear to ear without worrying about gaps due to missing teeth.
If you are not happy with the smile you have, take comfort in the fact that you can get a new smile with a visit to a dentist. Depending on your needs, a cosmetic dentist will choose a treatment procedure that allows you to show off your best smile.
Call (925) 443-7645 to schedule an appointment with Vineyard Hills Dental Care in our Livermore dental office.
Learning the importance of oral exams is essential when it comes to preventing a gum disease diagnosis. This is why current recommendations state that all dental patients need to make regular dental appointments. An oral exam requires a dental professional to thoroughly examine your mouth in order to see if there any problems related to…
Many patients know eating sugar is bad for teeth, and any general dentist will say that eating high fructose corn syrup is even worse! High fructose corn syrup causes more intense blood fructose fluctuations than white sugar does, and this causes more minerals to be pulled from teeth and bones. Losing these minerals weakens the…
If your teenager requires orthodontic treatment, it's time to make some choices. Choosing between Invisalign and braces can be difficult; each treatment straightens teeth to improve not only a teen's smile but overall health.1. How does Invisalign work?Invisalign often looks like the plastic retainers that some teenagers get when a metal braces treatment is completed.…